OAR 0.00% 0.2¢ oar resources limited

Rosters in WA are very lifestyle friendly. 8:6 and 2:2 are the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Rosters in WA are very lifestyle friendly. 8:6 and 2:2 are the norm for most companies. Very rare for companies to be doing 2:1's or 4:1's, some contractors who are on $1000 a day to sieve chips may ask for those rosters, purely to stack the cash. But that's pretty rare. Generally, all the fifo rosters are even time, as the market is still hot for geo's, anyone offering a 2:1 may find it hard to hire staff as better rosters are on offer.

Geo's leaving is part of the norm these days, its part of a work culture that companies themselves have created, so they can sleep in the bed they've made. Don't invest in your people, treat them like they are replaceable, and then exploit them whilst the economy is in a down turn. Can't be surprised that there is no loyalty once the market has shifted and the ball is in the court of the employees. If you want loyalty, get a dog. Plus, you need to consider changing jobs every 1 or 2 years to stay ahead of inflation and actually have meaningful wage growth.

I agree that lifestyle is more important than salary, as is job satisfaction. But I don't think it's necessarily a "one or the other" conversation. You can definitely have your cake and eat it too to some extent.

The cost of living is a big issue Australia wide. People buying $500k or $1 million dollar properties isn't the issue, and I wouldn't say that they are "being greedy". Especially when the median house price is ~$700k in WA. A $1 Million house is a spectrum. In some places it's a 1x1 hovel/crack den which needs to be condemned. In other places its a nice 4x2 on the coast, or a few acres in the country.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.601M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $27.66K 13.83M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 127111911 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 39680816 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.