AOV 2.07% $10.35 amotiv limited

Ann: Annual Review 2017, page-2

1. 16,571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8092
    I've followed GUD for a number of years - mainly from the point of view of keeping abreast of its Sunbeam electrical appliance business, which is (more like "was", really) a competitor to Breville, in which I am a shareholder.

I've never been a fan of GUD as an investment, however, because I have always found to represent a hodge- podge of businesses (mostly bad ones) cobbled together.

However, in recent years, the company has moved to shed some of its poorer-quality businesses (including Sunbeam) and recycled the capital into what I consider to be GUD's highest-quality business, namely the auto parts division.

With this business now dominating GUD's financials (after the disposal of Dexion and Lock Focus businesses in the past 6 months, which were both just distractions for management), I see it as an investment grade company with decent organic growth prospects at high ROE.

So I have been buying shares in the company in recent weeks.

Why it has gapped up today is anybody's guess, but I hope it comes back down, because I would like to continue buying more of the business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AOV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.