ASN 13.6% 12.5¢ anson resources limited

Ann: Anson Announces Brines at Gold Bar Unit 2 to be Re-assayed, page-4

1. 2,823 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4669
    Anson Announces Brines at Gold Bar Unit 2 to be Re-assayed
    • Laboratory analytical techniques not suitable for oil field brines o Traces of oil masked the results
    o Assay results could not be replicated due to high concentrations of bromine (Br) and iodine (I)
    Anson Resources Limited (Anson) announces the brine samples that were collected from Clastic zones 17, 29 and 31 to confirm the presence of lithium, magnesium, boron, bromine and iodine will be re-assayed at OEC (Oilfield Environmental and Compliance Inc.) laboratories. It is expected that this re-assaying will be completed within 10 days.
    Delays were experienced in obtaining these results as all three clastic zone samples contained traces of oil and the laboratory which carries out lithium test work in Nevada did not take this into account. This laboratory typically conducts test work on brine from salt lakes at shallow depth.
    The initial test work did not extract the oil prior to assaying which masked the assay results. As a result, a different testing methodology had to be used to that originally planned. This necessitated sending the samples to three different laboratories for testing, resulting in further delays.
    Despite these efforts the techniques used by the laboratories were ineffective and the assay results could not be confirmed. In addition, a preliminary report by one laboratory indicated that the assay results could not be replicated due to the high concentrations of bromine (Br) and iodine (I) as well as the traces of oil.
    Anson’s objective with the sampling program at Gold Bar Unit 2 was to confirm that the supersaturated brines in the Long Canyon area were continuous to the north and were also contained within the other clastic horizons. In addition, the sampling program aimed to identify if the five minerals Li, B, Br, I and Mg continued from the southern area of the Project area, around the Long Canyon No. 1 well, north along the Robert’s Rupture to Gold Bar Unit 2.
    It is interpreted that the Roberts Rupture and the cross-cutting structures, see Figure 1 below, had been identified as possibly enabling the release of fluids and pressure at Long Canyon No. 1. These structures may also be acting as “traps” and concentrating the lithium and boron at the central and southern areas of Anson’s project area
    Last edited by Deboss: 14/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.5¢
Change
0.015(13.6%)
Mkt cap ! $161.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.3¢ $234.9K 1.963M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 286458 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 938553 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 13.6 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ 1221669
Last updated 15.53pm 03/05/2024 ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.