ASN 4.76% 11.0¢ anson resources limited

Hi SDK, The well bore trajectory (whether vertical or lateral)...

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 77
    Hi SDK,

The well bore trajectory (whether vertical or lateral) does not constrain the completion design and whether you’d use a single or dual zone completion. You can do either or completion design on a vertical hole or on a lateral hole.

Hi Raki- your statement is not exactly accurate, directional drilling is not used to hit multiple zones, its a very common technique used to expose more of the same reservoir (pay zone) to the production tubing. In oil and gas production; a payzone (where hydrocarbons exist) is generally a very thin porous layer (think 5-10 meters 4km under the surface). The directional driller drills almost vertical all the way to the payzone and then laterally slants the well bore to go horizontal thru that thin layer. The final result is a well bore that has 50-80 meters of payzone exposure with much higher well productivity.

I want to make sure everyone understands my comments are general well design knowledge and not really related to ASN plans. I own a relatively large position but haven’t actually done much research and due diligence besides the DFS document which is what attracted me to buy

hope the above adds context to the conversation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $141.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.0¢ $84.14K 786.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 286817 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.