ASN 6.90% 13.5¢ anson resources limited

Ann: Anson Finds Supersaturated Brine Artesian Flow at Cane Creek, page-86

1. 1,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    For me I wasn't impressed after initially reading this announcement and was wondering why a trading halt was even called. With the GB2 experience, I was expecting nothing short of a report of economic lithium grades as an acceptable reason for calling a trading halt. I even suspected the halt was called to hype up the price to create an exit for a large holder or as a precursor for a new capital raise.

However, I later thought it through in detail and came to the following personal conclusions:
    1) They called the trading halt as a sign of confidence they'd finally struck the right artesian aquifer. Obviously they'd collected / attempted to collect samples from 6 clastic zones (4 at GB2 and zones 33 and 31 at CC32) before 29 at CC32, but there was something magical and very different about zone 29 at CC32  - high pressure and excellent flows, clarity of the brine (no oil contamination), which seemed to match the experience explorers had in the '60s. Bearing in mind they've never commented in detail on flow rates for other zones, they must have had a "this-is-it" moment with celebrations and anticipated the SP might shoot up and therefore decided to call a halt.

2) With this flow rate, CC32 can put the project back on track to producing lithium in weeks.

In short my excitement, confidence & anticipated risk in the project has been restored to the same levels as before the GB2 re-entry.

GB2 was a strong wake-up call this project wasn't going to be a smooth ride and the key risk remains - is there lithium in economic quantities in these fresh samples? That can only be answered through lab assays which we'll no doubt know in the coming days and I bet they'd be sending the samples ASAP to the lab.

With the market's reaction on early trade, it's obvious there's still a lot of interest in ASN and if we hit the goods at CC32, we would be back on track to hitting the previous high of 30+cents and even higher if the benchtop plant goes well.

I expect the SP to slowly appreciate from the highs of today as anticipation builds up to the lab assays.

However, if CC32 fails, then it will be much more difficult to take any announcements from MGMT seriously except of course the announcement indicates they've found lithium in economic grades.

All IMO, DYOBR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.010(6.90%)
Mkt cap ! $174.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 13.5¢ $138.2K 996.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 540592 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 200230 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.