ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 30,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1858
    I'm allowed to question the rationality of anyone's arguments. I mean anyone's.

Taking it personally is the mistake. I fully expect to be able to disagree, and to still be respected.
    An impossible ask, it seems.

The only justification to not have an EGM has been to avoid a distraction and the supposed costs.
    This has been expressed very vaguely and we're supposed to respect the rationale because...why? It comes from a respected poster?

Listen, anyone can get it wrong. Anyone.
    We were supposed to respect Bouris, because, well he's Bouris.

We are supposed to respect a view simply because it comes from so and so. Yet we aren't supposed to question if their view is necessarily in our interests? Or question more closely their vague arguments?

(Having this guy on the board is a huge distraction and the default cost of removing him by other means of an internal review is ongoing. Nobody has spelled out why it is supposedly such a great idea to just leave him where he is with voting rights, and leave a company that is struggling with serious issues to conduct a comprehensive review? I'm just supposed to go: oh, that very notable poster says it's a bad idea. Guess what? Many have got it wrong before. Bouris? Supposedly essential to the team. blah blah blah etc.)

Explain why an EGM is such a bad idea.

You aren't doing that are you? You're attacking me instead. And telling me to just shut up and believe what others are saying, without anyone having to explain their arguments.

Generally speaking an EGM is a distraction and costly. Yes, generally it is!

BUT this is an extraordinary situation, isn't it? Imagine the pressure the CFO is under. Think how his time might be usefully occupied. Is it a review of Martin? Or saving the company? Think before you answer. Because M has voting rights on the Board.

Getting some of you to review your assumptions is like pulling out teeth.

Sorry, but I didn't buy the Bouris reflected glory argument and I don't buy what you're saying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.