ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Looking at GS Yuasa's website and their annual report it's...

1. 1,536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    Looking at GS Yuasa's website and their annual report it's apparent to me that while they makes batteries, but don't they make battery components or materials. If they do they don't mention it anywhere, so it must be a minor part of the business, and that rules them out for me.

From an Anteo perspective "components" primarily means anodes, as that's been there focus.
    North Asia would be Japan, Taiwan and S. Korea. I'm ruling out China as I don't really know anyone who considers China "North Asia".
    Anteo also state in the announcement that the collaborator is a "... North Asian battery andbattery component manufacturer, who is a leading producer of anodes for Lithium ion batteries"

Given the various presentation, and trade events that Anteo have been to in Japan, I would think that it is most like one of companies that attending those events. Probably one of the player from the Australia-Japan Battery Workshop.

So who attended?
    (from the ADO Quarterly Activities Report - December 2018)
    The well-attended workshop saw 24 Japanese companiesregister in advance, among them industry heavyweights such as PanasonicCorporation, GS Yuasa, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Toray Industries, ToyotaCentral R&D Labs, UBE Maxell Corporation and Hitachi Chemical.

Of the above named companies, who is a a leading producer of anodes or anode materials?
    PanasonicCorporation makes batteries, but don't make their own anodes - OUT frown.png
    GS Yuasa makes batteries, but don't appear to make anodes - OUT
    Sumitomo Electric Industries makes battery materials but don't appear to make anodes - OUT
    Toray Industries make battery separators but don't appear to make anodes - OUT
    ToyotaCentral R&D Labs makes batteries, but don't appear to make anodes - OUT
    UBE Maxell Corporation makes batteries, anodes and anode materials - POSSIBLE
    Hitachi Chemical makes batteries, anodes and anode materials - POSSIBLE

If you do a search on the lithium battery anode market, and read the abstracts, Hitachi Chemical features in many of them, Maxwell doesn't.

Hitachi would be my pick, from the above names, if you're looking at a battery component manufacturer, who is a leading producer of anodes for Lithium ion batteries"

Last edited by mjc159: 28/06/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.2¢ 2.1¢ $3.414K 161.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 384663 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 616353 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.