ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,785 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 786
    Just for fun to add a little to this idea of a shorter EV life. Tony Seba for one, and Musk perhaps more importantly see a future where there will be limited private car ownership. It's hard for us to see yet but imagine cities where robo cabs are in constant use.

Machines like to run but constant use means more wear and tear. Just like taxis of our past ran for up to 2 or 3 times the Ks of private cars before a new engine was needed.
    So too will EV cabs before they exceed that 1000th charge or whatever the number may be by then... But die they will.
    So will they last 7 or 8 years? Maybe?

Children, women, the elderly driven around alone without fear of a stranger. I do see down sides, yes, but economics and personal security will trump those.

By then there will be a lot of unsafe boomer drivers for instance, who will at once lose their licenses but gain more freedom to move around 24/7 in any conditions, without the need or expense of car ownership.
    No car... no need to waste space or money for parking. Downsize perhaps.

I'm looking forward to Robo choppers, oh yeah.

Of course if the three amigos vision comes to pass, many of us may be getting the EV bus instead.

Cheers D

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.