ADO 5.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Sentiment........it's a fickle thing!!The Oxford Dictionary...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1201
    Sentiment........it's a fickle thing!!

The Oxford Dictionary defines it as "what one feels in regard to something; mental attitude (of approval or disapproval, etc)...."

I wanted to check. It helped me realise my sentiment toward ADO. My sentiment has changed to 'none'. That is I don't approve or disapprove of what they have done recent;ly or where they at.

But I'm 50% down on my investment....surely I should be pee'd off!!....and BTW, truth is I'm not enamid with the current state of this investment!! confused.png

So, this morning I wondered why?.. I came to the conclusion it's because I just dont know enough to have an opinion..... either approving or disapproving!

Then I thought, if I don't know enough, what is it I don't know.....this list started to emerge about recent happenings!!

Why did we pay Feroglobe $300K, we were so confident we wouldn't lose ...weren't they essentially footing the bill anyway, via a court ordered bond?;
    and
    Why did the Queensland Government provide $1.4M to a company that's been around for so long, made no rvenue and only had enough money left in the bank to survive another 6 months?.....what politician or taxpayer thinks that's a good use money?;
    and
    Why did we raise more money at such a huge discount to the share price, when there were clearly other options to raise funds, such as borrowing against the R&D? (refer Gareth etal);
    and
    Why did those limited number of Sophisticated Investors then invest a combined $6M+ in a company that has never turned a quid, and has failed to do so numerous times before!??......maybe to play with us a bit, make their dough and shoot thru??...are they not paying attention??

I don't know if I should approve or disapprove of the company.....or maybe I just disapprove of not knowing!

So, for me, that has become it! The thing I disapprove of is not knowing why all these things have happened....which only leaves me the option to speculate on what might be happening!

How can that be?!! I invested so much money and now I'm left to just speculate on why all this is happening???....and then of course I came full circle!!..

It's a speculative stock.....it's part of the deal here!

Actually, I tend to think it's part of management's deal too. Sure, they can put out more information and do more advertising and social media...but they have no idea if someone is going to sign a contact or not. They have no certainty if someone is going to freeze their design or not. They don't know for sure if someone is going to buy their product tomorrow.

Surely they can at least tell me more!! Give me some idea or hope about what they are up to??

Well...for me...Nah!
    Personally, having people raise my hopes, when they don't know what's going to be the outcome, is not what I need. That's a recipe for complete and utter let down...almost betrayal.

For now, I'm going to save my sentiment in the absence of knowing. Instead I'm going to assume they must being doing what they think is right. They must be doing the best they can. They can't guarantee me anythng because they simply do not know themselves whether this is actually all going to come together or not.

But, I know this - in very recent times Ferroglobe (a competitor) wanted part of what we have and took us to court to seek that. The Queensland Government were confident enough to provide $1.4M, and a small handful of investors stumped up over $6M in a very short space of time.

I don't know why these things happened?.........but for now, in the absence of knowing, my speculation is that the above list of contributors may not be the last.

Good Luck all
    EB
    NB: in regard to mental attitude, a man I consider very wise once told me....."if you lose your perspective, maybe get a new one"! wink.png......I try!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $51.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $6.865K 328.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1999959 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 218775 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.