AAU 0.00% 0.4¢ antilles gold limited

Gutsy posts @stevenjd. The war in Ukraine isn't as...

1. 769 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 168
    Gutsy posts @stevenjd. The war in Ukraine isn't as straightforward as those who critise you think. They appear to have been reading mainly one side of history.

Putin shouldn't have done what he has done, but Russia has been put under pressure by the West as you mentioned. Russia drew its 'red lines', which the West progressively crossed, long before the war started. Also, Russia appears to have the support of the majority of the Ukranians in the pro-Russian areas Russia has occupied.

War is amost always about resources and political influence. The question I ask my self is why haven't other countries joined in as a 'coalition of the willing' to defend the invaded areas of Ukraine (without crossing into Russia and risking an escalation) as they have before in other wars? I think its is because leaders in these countries understand the history and, among other things, the impact on their commercial and other arrangements with Russia or Russia's allies.

Individuals who are able to influence countries tend to do what is in their own interest. Some rely on ordinary peoples' understanding of the world to convince them to die on the battlefield for their interests. Also some companies profit from taxpayers and/or Ukraine paying for the weapons they provide, which at best, distorts their judgements about what is right and wrong.

Unless the less powerful side is willing to concede some ground, then people on both sides are going to continue to die. Sometimes we have to choose the lesser of two evils and find a way to bring this catastrophe to an end.

These factors are reasons I think sanctions against Russia and its allies are going to continue for while yet, making it difficult for AAU to get finance and have profitable mines, despite its best intentions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.422M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ $8.132K 2.159M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
75 64818514 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 72774039 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.