AAU 0.00% 0.4¢ antilles gold limited

Ann: Antilles Gold Reports Gold Assays from El Pilar, page-53

1. 2,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 289
    hahaha I am pretty sure this little read up took me way back to year 12 Chemistry a subject I had no interest in, but it seems was actually listening at some level, because I think "I get it" regards the Gravimetric testing method and the resulting coming in at limit / over range

so Gravimetric Testing

I am assuming they performed the Precipitation method of analysis and in the step of adding a solvent solution thought to be in excess to ensure they'd get all the gold back out in the precipitate, but they got just as much gold out in the precipitate than they put in via the prepitate causing chemical solution so they couldn't be sure their initial assumption of ensuring an over-saturated solution was infact the case, by virtue of the results coming in at 40gms.

Basically in Step 3 / image (c) below the method seeks to add more of the chemical solution than youare seekign to yield of the "analyte" itself, and they under-estimated in only adding a 40gm amount

The below example explains the analytic method using a meterial other than gold ore, so obvioulsy you're not disolving your gold in "water" in picture (b) but rather a suitable solvent as it is described in step 2

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4913/4913412-52cd702e9921538728066cdb72175c20.jpg

So this could possibly mean that the two 40* g/t results could just as much come in as 41 g/t, 61 g/t, 81 g/t or +100 g/t with a re-test be that using more volume of the "suitable solvent" added and / or an altogether different testing technique beyond Gravimetric testing.

like I said I thought I had little interest in chemistry all thos eyears ago, so I am happy and welcoming of anyone to tell me nope totally wrong with all this though.

for those interested there's also a youtube explanation on the webpage I found all this on here

Last edited by signalFollower: 15/12/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.986M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $24.63K 6.159M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 29620000 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 4055424 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.25pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.