SUM 0.00% 29.5¢ summit minerals limited

Ann: Antimony, Copper and Anomolous Gallium Identified at AAP, page-30

1. 216 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Good morning all,
    Over the weekend I attempted once again to do some deep digging into this project but of course life got in the way and I ended up doing boring things instead like washing and housework, but I did do some reading on the future outlook of the metal and watched a number of videos on the topic.

This one in particular got my attention. A long watch and some points are not relevant but interesting all the same.
    Link here.

What I found from this video is that the Country of Oman in the Middle East has an Antimony Processing plant owned by Strategic and Precious Metal Processing LLC. The plant is configured to run as a 'roaster' opposed to a smelting operation, designed for lower grade material. Now this isn't to suggest that our material from Morrocco is going to be low grade, but it is interesting to have a large 20kta plant capable of producing not only pure metal but trioxide powders as well in such close proximity via the Suiz cannal. If I were a betting man I would happily wager that if we manage to get a DSO op going here that that will be where our ore ends up rather than sending it all the way over to Asia for processing.

Another point of interest I learnt from the video is that here in Australia, the only Antimony process plant we have is at Hillgrove, up the mountain from our Magwood and Windfall areas. The plant is a larger plant designed for running higher grade product but is configured as a Hydrogen Choride process plant ie Hydrochloric acid. Which as you could imagine is subject to corrosion and other issues as a result of use of these strong acid materials. I have seen no new updates on Red River Resources (owner of Hillgrove) administration and subsequently havn't seen an update on the sale of Hillgrove.

I don't want to see SUM going chasing any new projects at this time, I would much prefer to see them knuckle down preferably in Canada to achieve a bit of price appreciation but I would be pleased at some point in the future if they decided to pick up that asset if they could aquire it for a reasonable price. Given the sale has fallen through twice under administration at this point they could probably get it for peanuts if they wanted to.

Anyway all food for thought. Bring on the Morroco results.
    GL all.
    OP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SUM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2497 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 4300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SUM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.