CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 12,027 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6798
    cheers for the reply Nord.
    I keep checking GMDs MRE and how much is open pit, and... honestly, I think they probably have enough open pit to provide a base load for 7-8 years, coupled with U/G... I get the impression they want 2 operating plants with a production profile of 300k. So... with a big enough plant, 150k is achievable. But.. GMD have big plans, so... if I think very simplistically. They purchase DCN. Then once that's done, buy up STN, then build a second plant?

I still feel on balance, GMD has enough gold already, couple that with their drilling and I guess the main reason they would still look at STN, is as you say. Its about profitabilty first, though... I still struggle with such low grades. Without doubt, if the strip was in the 2s, then yes, they could make money, but... the capex bill!! in the next few years is going to be huge. Though economies of scale would help, plus as mentioned earlier, the inclusion of U/G ore etc to blend in, and raise the grade. Perhaps STNs core deposit would enable a faster pathway to production?

That makes sense about the oxide, though I really need to do more reading on it.

I do actually find GMD discussion around the plants as a bit unclear... plants are upsizing and need more gold, but... we are open to aquiring others? Not sure it makes sense in that regard, when they are proving up more ounces, that, SBM don't really need now they have BDCs deposits. DCN needs more ore, but.... if GMD fed it, their own main asset/deposits would become irrelevant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.