APX 1.08% 46.0¢ appen limited

Ann: Appen 2020 Full Year results, page-203

1. 3,387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4561
    Nicely said, @savvyinvestor.

"All there is to investing is picking good stocks at good times and staying with them as long as they remain good companies." - WB

If you can gradually dollar cost average into APX as/if it falls further, from current levels (c. $2.2 billion MC at $18), you will do very well over the medium to long term. Always leave cash in the tank for unexpected drops, never go all in.

To those who have noted that the APX PE is still high (it is c.34x using an underlying NPAT of $64.4M at a share price of $18, with 122M SOI), I think the PEG ratio and the EV/EBIDTA metrics tell a very different story. One needs to be careful with using PE ratios on their own as a metric to assess a growth stock.

At current levels, Appen is now quite cheap on a forward year view for a company guiding earnings growth of >20% p.a. For what it is worth, I personally think Appen has set itself up for a potential earnings upgrade later this year. Regardless, personally, I think it's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.

Widespread fear, panic, loss of interest & uncertainty is your friend as an investor because it serves up bargain purchases. Institutional investors forced to set price targets based on short term 12 months horizons also provide opportunities if you have the good fortune of being able to set your sights on longer 3-5 year horizons.

"The best thing that happens to us is when a great company gets into temporary trouble...We want to buy them when they're on the operating table." - WB

No-one can profess to pick the bottom, but the tide will eventually turn. Markets always oscillate around fair value - in the case of APX, the pendulum swings are quite wild indeed.

T.E.P.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.08%)
Mkt cap ! $102.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 47.0¢ 46.0¢ $378.9K 814.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 224355 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 5415 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.