LBL 1.41% 70.0¢ laserbond limited

Ann: Appendix 2A - Dividend Reinvestment Plan, page-8

1. 33,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786
    I have thought about that , although wonder how much of the business value is more implanted in the brains of the personal rather than in actual written IP .

I use to work for a company that refurbished turbines for power plants , we did not have anywhere near the technology of LBL , however the company's value seemed to be based more on its reputation to pull down , repair and then reassemble a turbine in a short time frame to get the power plant back up and running as every hour off line cost the utility provider over $100k , as a a crew of 8 guys contracted at only $600 an hour had to get the plant back on line
    One mistake ie a flange nut not tightened to the correct torque and leaking could cost over $1M in lost time due to having to shut the plant down let it cool and then replace the blown gasket .

That ability to meet timelines was really about the ability and knowledge of the journeymen employed not any IP and LBL have indicated in their presentations that speed of refurbishment is what their customers also want .
    I am betting some of LBLs mining customers run similar operations to what I mention above where the cost of refurbishment is very low compared to the cost of being offline .

Therefore if the business was sold it would need to be sold with not just the IP but also with the Key employees of the business to be on some type of retention scheme I feel to retain quality control

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LBL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $81.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.0¢ 71.0¢ 70.0¢ $37.37K 53.06K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12000 69.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
71.5¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LBL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.