TV2 0.00% 0.8¢ tv2u international limited

Ann: Appendix 3B - Conversion of 115,000 Con Notes, page-20

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 339
    Hi @Jasox Mobiles devices with GPS are making things much easier for apps to determine someone's exact location and this cannot be faked (unless you know how to modify things programmatically). The reason is that any app using a GPS location finder is independent from the store, profile, mobile network or any VPN installed. With a few lines of java code (AndroidGPSTrackingActivity), the app can access the GPS directly, get the longitude and latitude, and determine the mobile's exact location. The app can also be programmed to compare the "previous location" (stored by the GPS) with the "current location". If the GPS is disabled it can therefore use the "previous location" data. It only takes a few seconds to do this.

By the way, this is how some known 3-letter organisations implant code (infect?) mobile devices to GPS track their targets, and with a few more lines of code switch on the cameras and listen remotely to people talk

TV2U is not doing anything unusual as information on how to get exact GPS location is in the public domain and is used by many apps on Android. Apple's iPhone has similar features with its "Location Services" (That's how 'Find my iPhone' app works).

That TV2U would use it for geo-blocking makes sense because many in Brazil use pre-paid subscriptions for their mobiles and use cash to recharge (i.e. do not use credit cards or other traceable forms of payment). The GPS coordinates would be the only generic mean to prove that they are in Brazil, if TV2U is ever asked to prove that they have done all within their ability to limit the service to Brazil.
    Last edited by youmav: 03/03/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TV2 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.