CTM 1.27% 40.0¢ centaurus metals limited

Ann: Appendix 3B - Exercise of CTMOB Options, page-33

1. 557 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    Yeah, high stakes are the options game for sure. (I've been in bitcoin for a little over 8 months now, and I'm more afraid of options than a digital currency that 20 or so whales own 80% of the entire pool).

I waited until literally the last minute to convert half my meager stash. But I'm lucky, I too had a heap from .03-.04 but I traded half of them last year for 100% profit. Even with that, I think I still make a loss letting the other options expire. But, swings and roundabouts I guess. I note Gord's transferred just over half his stash too. That's confidence-building - $100,000 is a fair what to chuck in the pile if you're still dealing with a bunch of unknowns.

I can't see Bub's replies (limited capacity to tolerate madness, unfortunately) but, Snoop, I see you're on the CTM train hard! Good! But careful of these kinds of statements:

"Vale's Drilling At Jaguar Already Indicates Great Promise With 315,000t Of Contained Nickel From 55,000m Of Diamond Drilling. This Could Easily Become A Company Maker..."

"I Feel With Follow Up Positive Announcements To Come ... Jaguar Will Receive Much More Investor Interest Being In The Much Sought After Nickel Market And With Its Other Projects Looking Good, That SP Will Head North Substantially By End Of 2019 !!!"

The three !!! give away your uncontained excitement, which is fine. It's good to back yourself in a stock you've researched well. But what are the hurdles that CTM have to overcome to make generate this extra "investor attention"? One: permits, environmental ones, we love how quickly they get issued; two: cash flow, it's still unclear how much they're sitting on and how much they need going forward until they get the permits; three: Vale has yet to officially sign off on the deal (that may be a minor technicality, but uncertainty nonetheless); four: Wet Season approaches... check out how much drilling CTM have done throughout their history during this 4-6mnth period beginning in mid-late Oct (answer: nothing substantial because they literally can't), and five: Vale could come back in an take the whole show over depending on the terms of their final agreement.

So, this is not for you (it can be depending upon how open you are to constructive feedback?), but the sake of new investors: lots of unknowns stalks the small cap realm. Reading a company statement and not taking every equivocal statement (i.e. CTM circa four months ago: "environmental permit applications have been lodged and we see no reason why they should be rejected and expect them by 2nd Q 2019") - note the words "we see", "they should" and "expect", all conjecture that's allowable, yet boils down to, "we REALLY hope all the things we said just then happen; please buy shares") as basically meaningless, unless the market knows something we don't, then you going to lose cash. So when they're repeated without said skepticism (this is business, after all) on an anonymous internet forum, be double careful. They (the bot, Gordon?) might be getting a little carried away and jumping at shadows.

Disclosure: I hold several million heads yet have decreased my holding by about half over the past month. My recommendation is to hold for me and current investors, but buy for anyone who hasn't gone for a punt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.005(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $198.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 40.0¢ 37.5¢ $245.5K 635.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 38.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 18741 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.