WML 0.00% 0.3¢ woomera mining limited

Re release of shares in escrow (18/4/2018) Has this any bearing...

1. 31 Posts.
    Re release of shares in escrow (18/4/2018)  Has this any bearing on why the IPO plunged from release at 20c to the current lows of 14.5/15 c.....or will it help stabilise price.?
    Following is a statement I found whilst trying to find what effect the release of shares from escrow is about.

By Michael Kemp, Barefoot Blueprint
    First, you need to ask why ASX deemed an escrow arrangement to be necessary. Study the company's business model closely, to understand why some shares are restricted.
    Second, will an escrow arrangement affect the value of the non-escrowed shares? After all, a hangover of shares is created that potentially might one day be dumped onto the market when the escrow period expires.
    My simple answer is no, it should not affect the value you place on the shares you are thinking of buying in the IPO. That is because (despite the difficulty in determining it) shares are worth the present value of the future cash flows they will deliver. So in that respect the whole issue of whether other shares are restricted is a bit of a sideshow.
    What about the short-term price effect, when the escrow period is over? The answer is that it depends on a number of factors:
    1. Maybe the holder of the previously restricted shares will not sell the shares.
    2. If they do sell, sharemarket sentiment at the time is important. For example, when sentiment is high it is more likely there will be lots of willing buyers to support the price.
    3. How many shares might the seller be trying to sell, and how will this number compare to a typical day's trading volume for that stock?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.654M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $27 9.031K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
42 37465653 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 6002859 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.02am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.