BYE 0.00% 5.4¢ byron energy limited

Badger - I guess short answer is marginal cost is $10/barrel,...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Badger - I guess short answer is marginal cost is $10/barrel, and we are selling to a hedged contract of $50/barrel so makes sense to deliver that. Any production above the hedged contract volume is at the whim of market price and Louisina Light is now $30 so that makes sense also. You are correct the driver of profit will be oil prices and its hard to predict what will happen in short term.

If i was investing for a 12 month period and looking to sell out to make a profit in a year, i would have the same concern as you. USA could easily go into a 2nd wave, oil demand falls, so oil prices stay depressed, BYE profits stay depressed

But I am not investing with a 1 year time horizon, I want to hold this for 5 years or so and I think the impacts of covid will be well over by then, and we will have returned to a more normal demand for oil, and BYE will hopefully be sitting on a lot of oil producing wells selling at a higher price with low marginal costs. The share price can only rise in that scenario.. certainly well above 13/15c

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.