WAR 0.87% $1.17 wam strategic value limited

Exactly. The premium/discount to NTA is one of the key drivers...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Exactly. The premium/discount to NTA is one of the key drivers of relative value in the LIC market. Although it is underperforming LIC's that generally attract a bigger discount, this is not always the case.
    Sometimes even good managers trade at 15% to NTA (I would put Forager FOR in this basket). This provide two ways to win, closure of the discount gap, and if this doesn't happen, the exposure to a diversed stock portfolio and quality manager.

If you think that paying a premium to NTA is the smart thing in LIC - you do this, probably pay +20% if this is your bag. (HM1?)
    Or perhaps even better, just pile your money into speculative tech or services business in the ASX a near-zero book value (+100% premium to NTA - awesome!)

I not overly bullish on WAR at the moment. Though I believe WAM have proven themselves in the LIC space in the long term. So will get this right eventually. If the discount were to grow to 15% (especially if NAV is growing).... then I would be loading up.
    As I've said before - the discounts multiply.... so if you consider the WAR valuation on a 'look through' basis. You get exposure to stocks at potentially a 30% discount. Significant Arbitrage.

DYOR. Not advice... my opinion. etc etc

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.