ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1187
    Standard of care is not nothing. Its standard of care.

Once, not all that long ago, we seemed to have a world where people would do things for other people occasionally too.

A mother dying of cancer might tale a trial (with some side effects - chemo and radiation therapy yuk) because her daughters might face the same troubles latter and increasing the amount of knowledge might give her daughters a better chance - because the science would be better because people would understand more AND the mother might have gotten the treatment arm.

If it becomes the practice that only trials are set up where everyone is a winner then science (ie. medical progress) will be the looser because you cannot discover causes if you confound the test.

Fundamentally some honesty and humility is in the proposition that not only do I not know everything but all my fellows (when my fellows are both my fellow scientists, reseachers, clinicians or my fellow man or woman - people in the aggregate) don't currently know everything - start from there (we once could start from there) and then you have the humility and the honesty to do an honest test - to let the data - to let the reality of the world as yet unknown show itself to you - and then the amount of what is know in the world is increased - then real knowledge about the real world is gained.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.