FLN 5.56% 17.0¢ freelancer limited

An acquirer (like if the major shareholders wanted to take it...

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    An acquirer (like if the major shareholders wanted to take it private) would have to own 90% of the shares to compulsorily acquire the remaining 10%. Currently, they hold about 76%.
    While I am pleased by the director buying, it isn't really doing anything to reduce the float materially.
    The last placement, which included Matt and Simon selling a small percentage of their holdings, occurred at $1.40:
    http://www.*.com.au/companies/news/...m-capital-raising-free-float-to-23-63836.html

The director buying is a tiny shadow of the shares sold in that move, and is a small part of the 450m shares on issue. And the insto purchasers at $1.40 are unlikely to agree to let them take it private at a loss.

I am very confident what we are seeing is a business that is poised to keep growing, putting the freelancer funnel glitch and the escrow Chinese domain bubble pop behind it, and resuming steady improvement. The Escrow API will be a nice extra source of growth to complement the growth in the freelancer marketplace.

Matt & Simon are signalling their confidence in the clearest terms, and I am accumulating too.
    I am very aware that the price volatility in recent months has been on very low volumes, and that tends to signal to me the supply of sellers is limited - meaning good news that motivates buyers will result in surging prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $78.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.0¢ $20.16K 112.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 56367 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 39194 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.21pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.