SMN 0.00% 35.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

TGent - your question:Not a problem. I simply wanted to confirm...

1. 4,579 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1799
    TGent - your question:

Not a problem.

I simply wanted to confirm whether the December Update timeline (ie into FAA by June 2024) was now redundant, and if so when will Boeing provide another timeline. And why the change by Boeing.

Ross' response in part (I don't think I'm speaking out of turn):
    "You are right that the Boeing timeline will change – its just that we don’t yet know how, and by how much. We may get some more information from them next week – but I think they are still trying to figure out what they have to do to meet this low load requirement."
    "We were ultimately unable to come up with a test that satisfied the certification engineer, primarily because we are unable to grow a crack at those low loads and frankly don’t believe it is possible. And despite all of our efforts to consult other experts on this we haven’t found anyone else who thinks it is possible either."
    "The better news I guess is that Boeing have taken upon themselves the task of resolving this conundrum internally, and it is always possible they might also convince themselves that it can’t be done and that it doesn’t matter."...
    ..."the continued revenue and earnings growth from the Avionics business means we are covered for that delay."
    "In the meantime we are accelerating our program to design the next batch of applications, with a priority on those that don’t require OEM approval!"

Why do I remain positive?
    1. AEM is now a profit-centre.
    2. At any time we could get announcements re other CVM applications that don't require OEM sign-off
    3. Boeing may ultimately recognise they've something non-sensical and be forced to accept low load criteria as a test is an unacceptable requirement. And may create issues for Boeing once the class action by Boeing shareholders (re safety priorities have been overlooked) is considered from a legal perspective.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.0¢ 35.5¢ 33.0¢ $33.73K 99.19K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1665 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
33.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 5.71 %)
Open High Low Volume
34.5¢ 34.5¢ 33.0¢ 14205
Last updated 12.13pm 31/05/2024 ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.