BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Not sure about the negative reviews - but I’ll make these...

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Not sure about the negative reviews - but I’ll make these comments from my first hand experience and wouldn’t mind betting the vast majority of the issues would be related to this:
    1. The products are awesome… but if you have quite a few of them you start running into issues if you have a stock standard modem/router setup - i certainly did anyway
    2. I had a Telstra smart modem (gen 1) on NBN and it worked until I got 6+ lights or thereabouts
    3. The customer support was / is (?) no good. I was emailing two seperate techs or support people (two because the first one stopped responding) and both of them stopped responding at critical times of the support journey
    4. After hours of mucking around myself I eventually bought a new router (well a couple actually) and setup an Ai-Mesh system (ASUS routers). After a lot of mucking around with the settings (they need to do provide a better setup guide on LIFX.com.au) I finally got it all working and it hasn’t missed a beat for a couple of weeks now - all lights work reliably and without delay

Long story short - you need a quality home network for these lights to work (likely with Ai-Mesh home network setup), most people probably can’t / wouldn’t be able to set it up, you need to modify the default router settings (and this is not easy for someone who isn’t a full blown computer whiz) and the support was not good enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.