SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

During the week I saw a question here. How can Syntonic expect...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    During the week I saw a question here. How can Syntonic expect to make any money from Freeway if they are targeting poor people. Short answer, well they are not. To clarify I have traveled some of asia but have stayed in philippines many times and have many family/friends there. A friend went home a couple of weeks ago, got of the plane went to Subic Bay about 100ks from Manila airport arrived at 12.00am it took 5 hours to travel because of the traffic even at that time of the morning. 12.8 million people live in this city, many are poor I mean have nothing, and sleep on the street, some build shanties on vacant land or next to rivers on the bank and are washed away during the wet season. Many are educated and live a middle class life, Australians may see these people as living in low standard housing compared to here, but have maids and nannies from the provinces labour is cheap, many families stay together and all work, collage is just part of schooling, you dont go you wont get a decent job many mall workers a collage graduates. There are also those many live in guarded estates. There are also those who are extremely rich. If you go to a mall you will see shops like Giordano, Lacoste, Samsonite, Piercardan etc Adelaide obviously doesn't have the wealth to support these brands, these are in all the malls and there are many. I brought up the car trip earlier because if you can own and run a car, you can own a smartphone these are the families Syntonic are targeting and yes phones are part of their life. If you judge a third world countries consumers by what you see on TV you will miss the opportunity Syntonic presents because, the press is only interested in a good story (the shanty towns etc), we just need to know the consumers are there and they are. Sponsored data syntonic that provide will be taken up very quickly in Manila as they all play games and buy lives but are data poor as they have to buy top ups from the corner shop unlike here where most of us have a phone on a plan. The Philippines are not able to use Freeway yet but just using it as a sample of consumers in third world countries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.