ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    "As for OTT. When do people will use the app outside of home? in the car? when they are going out with friends? at the beach? why do people need to sign up, when you can download shows of Netflix to watch later? Again its all pie in the sky for now."

This tells me you have either done poor due diligence or you haven't understood the WHY in respect of Syntonic.

The Overpass feature was created to enable mobile carriers a way to obtain and retain their average revenue per user. Unlimited data plans are costly to mobile carriers and frankly, they do not want to have them. Users dont want them because they are throttles after 22gb and are quite expensive, even in first world countries like the United States and Australia.

The answer to your question what i can assume meant "When will people use the app outside of home", the answer is, they will use it both inside and outside the home. Whilst most people would sign into their home wifi, other users may not or forget to utilize their home wifi. You may also be at family or a friends home where you are not allowed access to their wifi, in effect, you can use Freeway. However, i feel you already answered your question with the following questions. They will use it in the car, at the beach etc. There are plans for kids to use when they are in the car: Backseat Drivers™Road tripping or grocery grabbing, get to your destination in peace and quiet,Apps Included: Nick Junior, Cut the Rope Magic, BS Kids Video, YouTube Kids.

Are you also taking into account the multitude of bundles available to apps including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat? Whilst yes, people can download Netflix videos and watch them later, not everyone would be doing this and some dont have the time and patience. Mobile data usage is increasing yearly as is the request for content.

The Freeway application is not a failure. It has 1Million active users as per the OTT announcement and is used as a tool to evidence to mobile carriers for white label use. TATA has taken on this white label offering which has been rolled out to the US and SEA as per conversations with them myself.

The SDK has been integrated into 2 of Verizon branded mobile phones:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/moto-z2-play/
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/lg-k20-v/

This is an expandable opportunity where integrations can be implemented into any phone which is OEM and LTE (long term evolution) by Verizon.

I didnt respond to your comparison to BIG earlier, however, one thing to note is that BIG has been operating for 12 months prior to Syntonics inception and has been listed since 2014 which is 12 months from when Syntonic's business was founded. BIG also relisted at 24c to begin with. Once Syntonic has 12-18 months of full Overpass revenue, i would be surprised if we weren't eye line or more advanced in the SP than BIG.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.