SMN 5.26% 40.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Ann: Appendix 4C - Quarterly Report & Shareholders Update, page-30

1. 179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Susie's copied summary is good, but I'd like to further emphasize another paragraph from David Piotrowski's comment because some details are also important:

“The largest North American OEM is currently reviewing five applications for CVM™ on behalf of Delta and importantly, for Southwest Airlines as well. In addition, the OEM has independently indentified multiple CVM™ applications for civilian and military/transport aircraft as a result of a fleet review currently in-process. This clearly demonstrates the momentum building within the industry as other carriers are now requesting information on the programme, and becoming participants which in turn engages active OEM’s support. All applications have been officially submitted to the OEM with Delta requesting modification of the Service Bulletin and an AMOC (Alternative Means of Compliance) to affected AD’s (Airworthiness Directives).”

I am very positively surprised by Boeing's involvement to identify separate application which, in my opinion, means that SBs are expected (or part of them - thinking that could be one for each application) at the beginning of H2-2018 (company's estimate H2-2018), possible even at the end of H1-2018.
    In fact, David's whole comment is awesome, I post the entire comment below for your convenience:

David Piotrowski, Senior Principal Engineer, Delta TechOps commented:

“The largest North American OEM is currently reviewing five applications for CVM™ on behalf of Delta and importantly, for Southwest Airlines as well. In addition, the OEM has independently indentified multiple CVM™ applications for civilian and military/transport aircraft as a result of a fleet review currently in-process. This clearly demonstrates the momentum building within the industry as other carriers are now requesting information on the programme, and becoming participants which in turn engages active OEM’s support. All applications have been officially submitted to the OEM with Delta requesting modification of the Service Bulletin and an AMOC (Alternative Means of Compliance) to affected AD’s (Airworthiness Directives).”

“Further, there are four applications under consideration at the largest European OEM. These four applications have not been officially submitted by Delta to the OEM but we anticipate doing so shortly. Delta is currently reviewing all of our maintenance programs to find those tasks which occur at inconvenient times (i.e. those that don’t line up with scheduled maintenance, so we have to take aircraft out of service). This is what led to the identification and submission of the aforementioned applications and is driving the investigation of other potential applications. Delta is constantly looking at ways to increase the fleet reliability and utilisation and we think CVM  fits right in as an important tool to assist us in this mission.”

“Delta Tech Ops has invited SMS personnel (overseen by Trevor Lynch-Staunton) to be on-site to review a high priority future application for CVM™ that affects the entire Delta fleet, as well as multiple other operator fleets. The mandated repetitive inspection interval of this potential application is less onerous for the wide-body fleet, but for all narrow-body planes, this is going to cause a great deal of pain. Therefore, this is a high value application for Delta and we are looking for CVM™ to help us reduce costly, time consuming and potentially destructive mandated inspections.”

“Delta anticipates ordering sensors and related CVM™ equipment from SMS in 2018 to address multiple applications on our global fleet, pending OEM/FAA approval. Our work to date with both the largest OEM’s and the regulators is paving the way for this eventuality.”

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.020(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $54.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 40.0¢ 38.5¢ $86.35K 219.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 60000 38.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 2559 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.