BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

DM does have a lot of questions to answer. The challenge for DM...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    DM does have a lot of questions to answer. The challenge for DM is simply that he cannot be 100% certain on anything due to his reliance on resellers. He does not directly control the sales people that work for the IM VAR who sell to end client. This is not to say that the reseller channel is a bad one, it just takes a long time to build momentum. The steps are many.
    1. Agreement with IM
    2. Train IM sales people who sell too and account manage the VAR Network. BUD needs to develop incentives for the IM people to push OHM over and above the 100s of other products IM sells. It is very doable, just takes time.
    3. IM and BUD train VAR network sales people who sell to end client - building owners and/or managers

BUD are several steps removed from the coal face.

VAR network sells 10s - 100s of products via IM, so BUD needs to give the VARs sales people good reason to sell OHM over and above the other proven products they sell like, laptops, phone systems, printers, etc, this is done through incentives, commissions, etc. This is a tough job and a long winded process. DM and the team and BUD I imagine are working really hard to do all of this and they are probably doing it really well, still takes a while and DM has clearly underestimated the process, and this is been reflected in the results. I doubt it was his intention to mislead the market, i think it is simply learning and adapting.

Selling direct to market gives you more control and allows for more accurate reporting and forecasting, doing direct and channel sales in parallel is the best solution, all IMO

As everyone keeps saying, patience is the name of the game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.