BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Lets not kid ourselves, everyone is here to make money,...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Lets not kid ourselves, everyone is here to make money, including DM, the BUD Board the LIFX guys. None of them really care that much about energy monitoring or colourful lightbulbs or saving the world. It is all about getting SP up so we and they can sell and bank some coin.

The pricing of OHM is wrong because BUD cannot show any form of ROI. If BUD and the OHM product were useful to people, companies, government etc, then price would not matter and the product would sell. It is clear BUD cant even give this product away as it is not fitting with what the market is looking for, it is not that it is a bad product, just does not have a place in the present market. In my experience, price is never the true issue, it is usefulness, it is ROI, will it generate more revenue or save more $$? While we are told it makes buildings more efficient and saves $$, it is now pretty apparent that is does not, otherwise all these lost deals would have turned into clients and there would be many more. It is pretty clear to me that Macca's and Nestle found no real benefit so the deals fell over, amongst many others. This is why they now to rethink the entire product and build something that companies will buy. I recall a year or so ago and announcement or note, or press release talking about some hotel in Caribbean who is/was using an OHM and saving a shed load of cash per annum, what ever happened to this deal or was I simply dreaming this?

It is my opinion that LIFx will suffer the same fate, once the gimmick side fades away and reality sets in, that people dont want to pay $50 - $100 for a lightbuld that changes colour and feeds data about people turning lights on and off, the fun will end. Furthermore, these price points will drop dramatically over the coming years and the incumbents like Phillips crash the price to squeeze the little guys and the weak out of the market, the ones with no money and no margin to survive on, like LIFx. The founders were smart to sell LIFx, bank some cash, pretend to be interested in growing the company and helping BUD, before they find a reason to walk in the next 12 months. IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.