ASV 10.0% 2.2¢ asset vision co ltd

It is difficult to interpret too much from a quarterly cash flow...

1. Jd2
    86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    It is difficult to interpret too much from a quarterly cash flow report, given timing differences in payment receipts and payment of expenses can impact, however a negative net operating cash flow report in itself does not mean the business has changed (although a profitable business will generate net operating cash flow this is too short a period to draw too many assumptions from). From what I can see the main reason that net operating cash flow was negative $498k for the quarter was consumption of $5.826m in working capital. This type of business would have minimal inventory so the main item that would normally cause an increase of working capital required would simply be an increase in accounts receivable. As long as this does not represent an increase in aged debtors (i.e. accounts receivable that are impaired and unlikely to be received) then the underlying profitability of the company would be unchanged and the substantial level of turnover $20.99m for a single quarter compared to $35.922m in the 2014 Annual Report and $63.3m normalised (refer to presentation 26/08/2014 ASX announcement) indicates overall growth in sales (I am not sure how much of this relates to acquisitions/compared to organic growth). In the 26/08/2014 presentation there was mention of delayed receipt of income in the Communications part of the business that would boost earnings in July, so some of the increase in turnover in the latest quarterly would relate to this, however I don't know how large this amount was. Look forward to some management commentary on this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
0.002(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $15.96M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.2¢ 2.0¢ $12.05K 602.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1125788 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 999999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.