ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 16,937 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8399
    I thought in Japan they are already selling their products. There is no real cash coming from that?

@Lukasz ,

Remember that JCR only launched the product in Japan in late February, 2016.

So it has only been in the market place for a little over a year, so sales are probably still ramping up. But one thing I think can be safely said, and that is that royalties from Japan aren't going to be the solution to MSB's funding needs.
    (Certainly not at levels of $50m pa to $90m pa any time soon, which is what some posters were bandying about on this forum some 12 months ago.)

As for the case balance being good fr 6 months, be careful to not assume that the company can run its cash balance down to zero; in the absence of any new partnership capital, MSB would need to raise capital once its cash balance approaches a level equal to its current liabilities (which typically sits at around US$25m). [*]

So, to work out how many months' of cash MSB has, you need to subtract about US$25m from the March 31 cash balance of US$69m.

Also, don't forget to add the US$3m equivalent which MSB as an R&D payment from the Australian government.

So, by reckoning, the maths looks something like this:

Balance @ 31 March = US$69
    Add: US$3m (R&D receipt)
    Less: US$9m (cash consumed during April)
    => Current Balance (@ 30 April) = US$63m
    Less: US$25m (Prudential buffer to cover current Liabilities)
    => Net available Cash = US$38m

@ Cash consumption run rate of US$9m per month, that leaves 38 divided by 9 months,

i.e., a little over 4 months' worth of cash

By the time MSB reports its full year results, it will probably need to raise capital again
    (unless, of course, it secures a partnership agreement between now and then)

[*] Evidence of this is management stating in July last year that the company's cash balance - of US$80m at the time - was enough to provide operational runway for 12 to 15 months. Yet they raised capital less than 9 months later (and that was even after they placed some $23m in new stock to Mallinkrodt in the intervening period.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.