OAK 1.45% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

Those are fair points and had they been my dealings with the...

1. 564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    Those are fair points and had they been my dealings with the company, I probably too would have a bitter taste in my mouth.

Seems the piece I missed in my rant last night is that a lot of people are upset at the communication. My opinion is they've given an absolute ton of announcements. We've pretty much gotten one once every week or every two weeks since inception. However I do understand where some may be coming from with them casually not discussing certain things anymore (i.e. intel). My take on that is - they update us on what is progressing and worth mentioning - and no news = just that: no news.

I also do understand that people may think some announcements are vague and a bit of marketing spin. Which is fair, there's definitely a hype element in those things. Have news for you guys though. There's spin in every announcement every single company on the ASX has put out. And the vagueness - I believe that's a result of commercial reasons and NDAs - or frankly them trying to report on the operations of a third party and just not quite knowing yet themselves but still trying to update us.

@Terrorbyte - he/she seems to desperately want exact commercial details to be disclosed (as do the 41 people that TU the comment). And I get that, I do. I mean, we're all trying to place a value on this company and specific commercial details would really help in that regard.

However, personally I think that would be a wildly foolish move. Every single $ of revenue this company will ever earn from its core tech, will come by way of negotiating a contract. Why the heck would we undermine every single future negotiation we have by disclosing the exact terms of our first contract (and because it's our first, it's most likely the one that will be least in our favour)? What benefit does that serve? Short term share price benefit again? And at what expense does that come? Any sort of negotiating power we have for every single future contract we take up?

Had we disclosed those terms exactly, I'd have considered walking from this company for that idiot move alone - because I'd know we just risked all future earnings potential just to self serve a short term share price boost.

Just my musings and opinions. Sincere thanks for everyone who elaborated on their gripes - I do get where you're all coming from and I don't blame you all for being a bit upset. But personally, I'm ok with those things for the reasons I've stated above.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.001(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 7.0¢ $2 25

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8522 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 1524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.