AJX 0.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

So while we are on about reasons why we might have developed...

1. 17,666 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    So while we are on about reasons why we might have developed concerns and changed our minds this is another example

This is the lobbyist return for Craig Metz' firm for 2015 (so within the last three years).

http://lobbyists.insidegov.com/l/38299/Craig-Metz-Nelson-Mullins-Riley-Scarborough-2009-2016.  

This is also the firm that our current lobbiest worked for

The subtlety of this may not be obvious to those who care less about good governance than I but it calls into question whether Metz should have been called an independent director as well.   (Against good governance standards).  There is no record in any Alexium report of this relationship or of any related party payment.  And I'm not even considering any other relationship that might have existed to potentially compromise him.

Just to make it clear - it is not the lobbying I object to - it is the implication of that for independence in terms of the normal definitions of independence.  It matters not whether they were paid either - though  there has to be a question over whether they were, and whether any payments continued either directly or indirectly, or the nature of any other relationship that might have existed that could have had the potential to influence board decisions and actions.

Btw if I get a response that says "so what he's on the board so you would expect him to lobby" my answer is twofold "this is drawn from formal reports and Alexium is recorded as a client", and if Metz felt he needed to record it formally because he /his firm did this work then how come Cheney wasn't held to the same standards given that I've been told he also lobbied on our behalf

When I kept finding things that weren't quite kosher I couldn't help wondering what else wasn't  right.   What else would be uncovered about the last couple of years in particular that should have been addressed or made transparent.  It's what I called DYOR - just a couple of years late I admit.

And btw bring on logical, rational explanations based on evidence that tell me I have misunderstood something.   

Parsifal

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $605 55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 6875439 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 353749 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.00am 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.