BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

@dcmmm its not 465% q/o/q growth just from digicel in one...

1. 9,779 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    @dcmmm

its not 465% q/o/q growth just from digicel in one quarter. that wouldnt make sense to me

its the incremental bleed of installs already performed coming through the cycle

The company was installing its own as far back as June and Digicel pulled its finger out from around September/October apart from those free promotional installs from what I can tell.

Installs happen progressively - not all at once.

you then have a month trial, month billable, month receivable for distributor in 3rd party cases + 1 month before they must pay BUD.

Youll also note that the lag under the old manual 'opt in ' contract was longer because of delay between the trial period and client signup. nestle from recollection didnt sign up until 6 -7weeks after its trial started

that is the problem with manual opt in - salespeople have to chase clients, orchestrate meetings - to get their signature.

Its like being a debt collector - horrible work with people putting you off and off because why sign up if you;re using it for free.

I doubt the company has done more than about 100 installs itself - once the focus switched to 3rd parties thats where all their focus would go -esp once they found themselves havign to waste time just to go uninstall trials that didnt convert.

At an avg of say 7 a week - with less than 50% converting to fee paying in 2017 - that would mean about 10-12 new paying units start to pay BUD each month - 3-4 months after the installs are done (this is company installs only).

ie a company unit trial installed in mid September
    agreed to signup from start of November
    shows its first $1000 cash received in December - depending on speed of payment and BUD's billing terms - of the $36000 it represented under the old pricing model

March quarter that become $3000 for one sub

Its obviously a bigger impact on the digicel $2000/system month pricing and any new BUD company installed versions. But at the moment you are looking at 3rd/4th qtr 2017 installation effects

What i do agree on is that until management give clarity on either income or install basis - there's a dislikable uncertainty about having to split the quarterly revenues up using our own assumptions and a real risk we're way off base due to something we cant or dont know about

deductive logic can only take you so far

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.