AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

This is one thing that can I agree with. They may have set aside...

1. 2,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2618
    This is one thing that can I agree with. They may have set aside a few dollars for drinks and savouries at the demos, but clearly not much else. At this point in time AP is clearly circling in a holding pattern.

I have to conclude that things have not gone to plan - which is already tabled news - but there has been no update to that announcement, which I did partly expect to come out with the 4C. This could mean nothing more than they have no news to announce - neither good nor bad. And in this case the absence of bad news has to be read as good news, because at least there is no bad news that they are obliged to announce yet as a material development. That signifies to me at least that what they are doing is simply taking more time than anticipated, and that they have not yet exhausted all the possibilities.

But it is purely pessimism to always read the absence of good news as indicating bad news.
    A glass half full = glass half empty.

I think that what they have announced so far is not just indicative but declaratory that they are making positive progress. If the device was clearly an unworkable lemon they would have been obliged to say so I think. And they haven't.

However I agree that it is way too easy for us as simple investors, with no inside knowledge of where the development truly sits, to always imagine the worst, and that is, I think, entirely the company's fault for being so opaque with its hopelessly inadequate level of context and detail in its announcements. These are criticisms I have forcefully made to management several times over the past couple of years, and they just don't seem to make any difference to what is announced and how. The most I have gotten from them is an assurance that when they do announce something it is factually correct.

Does that make me happy yet? Of course not. Am I selling? No way! Should I buy more? Not so sure yet. I'm just going to have to sit tight and wait and see what comes out - but I am confident that something will be announced in the near very near future, and I think we can be confident that it will make it very clear where things stand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.