3DP 1.64% 3.0¢ pointerra limited

Hi TommyJR, Got to say I really appreciate your analysis. I...

1. 609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 531
    Hi TommyJR,

Got to say I really appreciate your analysis. I model-up the coy/business too..but the business volatility is currently just too great to put out my numerical guesstimates.

The one thing it has been pointing to is the need for a CR.

The QTR cash at $986k and my estimate of unearned income (a liability) is at about $400k (was $285k at June 30). This means, effectively, that there is currently about $600k of freely available capital which becomes a concern when your qrtly outgoings are very assureably around $800k (and likely to grow) and receipts maybe $400k but +/- 50%.

(The build-up of unearned income versus Cash was the key ratio that I used to flag NEA's CR last year)

The 2 new hires are very interesting. They are a package team: Jamie the leader/mentor has been followed by Jill through 4 different organisations. Pointerra is their 5th together. They would not have gone if it wasnt mutually agreeable to PrecisionHawk. But they are an expeienced technical/BD team...a necessary combination to get new clients comfortable with a new system handling valuable mega-data. I'd put their combined rate at about US$240-250kpa and add 15% for operating expenses which works out at about A$400kpa or A$100/qtr.

I'm also really excited by their DPaas initiative, but it will likely require some additional horespower to give proper it effect to it and I'm not sure that the 2 new hires are on-board purely for this. I'd also have though this new initiative (and others) would have seen an increase in both R&D and admin spend...not a decrease.

My point is that I think their estimate spend for the Dec qtr may be light on and am factoring in a higher spend profile over the next 4 qtrs. But thats more than OK. Olson has demonstrated todate that he can be prudent with funds and has waited for the product/business models to refine and prove themselves sufficiently before bringing out accelerated initiatives so I'm confident that these will have <1yr paybacks.

I would like to see 3DP start reporting much like NEA (an amazing amount of detail that materially lowers analytical risk = higher valuations). A key metric for them was/has been 'churn rate' of clients which empirically showed just how 'sticky' their product was (and still is). NEA's churn rate started at about 10% and fell over time to a miniscule 6%. For any new technical product, this shouts its indispensible value.

....something I feel 3DP is moving toward.

Very happy giving them capital to take the next growth steps.

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.64%)
Mkt cap ! $24.55M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $990 33K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 1939578 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.1¢ 125000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.23am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.