EOF 13.9% 4.1¢ ecofibre limited

Ann: Appendix 4C - quarterly, page-33

1. 528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    But as you have pointed out previously the hurd from the variety of hemp grown for its high cannabinoid content is not much good, as the plant tends to short and stubby. Grinding it to a size suitable to be added to a lime based plaster may be an option, but the market for that would be small. The hurd from the food plant variety grown by EOF in OZ might be useful for turning into hempcrete, but the cost of transporting volume over distance is likely a negative. I think the Canadians are using some of the hurd from the food crops for hempcrete, but demand is largely limited to local market. In the latter part of 2019 i went to the inaugural US Hemp Building Association,which was well attended and had many of the global hempcrete experts putting on presentations. There is certainly a ground swell in the US for using hemp in construction, but currently almost all the hurd suitable for construction purposes is being imported, it is also similar story for the lime based binders needed, a couple of years from now that will change.
    I await with interest to see the produce coming out of the new hemp black factory when it goes into production and without doubt further refinements will happen over time and as you well know, different cultivars offer different opportunities. As an example here is a slide from one of Phil Warners presentations
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1935/1935444-76f82e6a06487cc1c57aafaf39121e47.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.