AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Appendix 4C - quarterly, page-209

1. 2,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2550
    As far as I can tell the demonstration devices can have 4 chips installed and will then play digit audio through 1 - 4 chip arrays. A week or so ago I posted a photo of what I believe was an early prototype of one. All the user needs to provide is power and a digital audio signal source.

While it definitely looks like they could be demonstrated anywhere, the issue is more a question of is that all that is intended and envisaged for a demo that has every chance of being a paradigm changing event for the audio industry I believe.

I imagine (and hope!) that AP would want to do a serious - and seriously impressive - product launch, showing everything they know can be done with the technology, and with total control of what was shown and how. Something like an Apple launch event. That means a tech sales team that is thoroughly familiar with all aspects of the capabilities and limitations of the chip, able to answer any question from the floor in detail and in depth. I see these demo-kits as the give-away-souvenir-promotion handed out after the demonstration event, and they would come with a range of trial circuits and build examples to achieve a range of solutions that customers can identify with as starting points for what they intend to produce out of them.

I say this because I have been part of such teams as a senior sales guy for advanced scientific/analytical instrumentation, doing demos and running application and training sessions for customers and users. They are a real buzz, but are a heap of work and preparation behind the scenes. You don't just get the product and put it on a trestle table with a white tablecloth and say "Look at this, isn't it cool? Come have a try!"

When AP manages to organise the right kind of event to showcase the chip it is likely to be done properly (please, please let it be so!!!), and will take a serious bit of logistics and preparation to make it so. And that takes time, energy, money, and under COVID, a heap of things lining up just right.

But first of all they will have to create a bit of advanced buzz in the audio market to stimulate serious interest. What better thing than an announcement to shareholders that they have a finished product that does the business as expected, and a heap of information on specs etc.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.