DRO 13.3% $1.96 droneshield limited

Ok so had a look at the 4C, a few interesting points for me...

1. 914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    Ok so had a look at the 4C, a few interesting points for me (amongst others that have already been pointed out by a few thoughtful posters)

1. $15 million US Prisons tender - "During 1Q21, DroneShield had a shortlisted tenderer meeting with the customer, and is waiting to be notified regarding next steps."

This is a great update - the last 4C only had DRO as a shortlisted party. The Tender interview has already taken place last quarter, so either Contract award is happening now or we're getting told no-dice. Either way, be good to hear back regarding the Tender.

2. Higher costs under Section 1.2 Operating Activities of the 4C

DRO has had a massive recruitment drive over the last 4 months (still ongoing). Higher costs under operating activities to support recruitment was to be expected.

3. Appointment of Katherine Staples, DroneShield General Counsel
    Cracking new appointment. Been waiting for this one for awhile now. This really sets us up for preventative measures (through solid contract management and comprehensive legal review of new customer contracts) to help prevent bs non-paying customers. More to the point however, I think a lot of people underestimate how more effort and delay goes in to Contract review and execution. Having a strong legal counsel will facilitate rapid review and acceptance of conditions, terms etc on all new customer Contracts.

4. Droneshield paid Sort Hub Pty Ltd $162,000 for shipping and inventory.'Associated entity of Jethro Marks
    @SirKnight great commentary in your previous post, but I disagree with the "nasty odour" associated with this logistical arrangement.

Don't underestimate how badly COVID-19 has affected inter-country shipment permits and timeframes. Two examples from fellow Defence Contractor EOS

10/09/20 Ann: Delivery of Major Overseas Contract Resumed

30/04/21 Ann: Appendix 4C - quarterly
    the Middle East a major delivery contract which had been severely disrupted byCOVID-19 was resumed. EOS has now cleared all delivery obstacles, restored disrupted administrative processes

Both announcements included elements attributing logistical delays with major orders with COVID. The EOS SP has been absolutely punished as a result.

DRO have been very transparent about the connection to Jethro Marks' associated entity, but whilst we're still in the midst of dealing with the pandemic, having a strong logistical arm is essential for us as a business

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
0.230(13.3%)
Mkt cap ! $1.494B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.76 $1.96 $1.75 $44.95M 24.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 301 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.96 33034 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DRO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.