ADO 0.00% 2.1¢ anteotech ltd

Ann: Appendix 4C September Quarterly 2015, page-79

1. 30,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1827
    "Good to see you attempted to look them up PF, all too many today want to be spoon feed - not something an active investor should be doing IMHO."

Harsh, harsh! lol

Many in here have experience in either science, trading, or banking or business. In mining threads, those with an engineering background, or geology background have a distinct advantage. This is reality. It's easy to forget what accumulated speciality you have acquired, and how difficult it might be for someone who hasn't got that.

It's possible to learn a lot through research and investing theory, and while I've learned a lot since I first started investing, making mistakes has been the most valuable of all. It is important to appreciate the limits to your own knowledge. I'm not going to get a higher degree in applied science at this stage of my life so I greatly appreciate those who post with that authority. Same those who thoroughly understand charts, broker behaviour, and the market insider operations. etc.

It makes no sense to totally second guess each and every statement made by all posters and look up each arcane point. It's exhausting and unless you're on the verge of selling, which as a LT holder I am not, I see no point to it unless you've got a heck of a lot of time on your hands and an obsessive personality.

Credibility is built over time and we all have a pretty steady eye for prior inconsistent statements, and other insights about trust. I understand a bit about IP and I'm pretty good with making logical deductions, sometimes besting the supposed experts (just not in here...wisely, I put my energy elsewhere!).

This is not a competition and there is room for a variety of positions. At the background of discussion is a question of degree...just how undervalued is ADO? (A lot.) How soon will we be cash flow positive (very soon). How much expertise do we have on board (a phenomenal amount and getting better by the day). How many applications will ADO have? (as it gives the surface you want, a lot). Some people want to quantify this mcuh more precisely. I'm happy if they want to do this, but I'm fine with my holdings. It's not changing my LT hold decision.

DYOR is a continual catch cry, and I use it myself on other threads which have a less committed core of posters with multiple expertise sharing their research. It's worth stating as a warning especially in stocks where ramping or downramping is prolific, and where those other posters are just looking after themselves. That said, it's boring repeating the basics over and over again. Nobody is going to do it in entireity, but recent ADO anns and presos are brilliant, there is so much less guesswork to an investor trying to understand the product and the market these days. Top presos. Really.

Some people read ADO and don't post, or are relatively green. I've followed behind some posts and done an explanatory post for the benefit of the less sophisticated newbie at times and I frankly don't care if that means I look a bit stupid to some people. I know my limitations but I'm pretty logical too. People come at all stages of experience of the market and at various times relative to how long others have held.

To you it might encourage freeloading, but IMO if it helps people's understanding, and you have the time and the inclination I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to share. Meanwhile I'm happy to let some dedicated people post their more arcane findings; I'm busy elsewhere.

I've often said that ADO is HC at it's best. (And it is. Trust me, I'm a lawyer!).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.