LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

Ann: Appendix 4C- strong ARR growth, cash receipts & cost control, page-86

1. 940 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 314
    @vmk, Thanks for taking the time to respond. That in itself deserves appreciation. Secondly I have learnt things from your earlier posts that have already saved me real money (not with LVT). To the questions

* Cash lag - Yes, I was using trailing 4Q cash receipts and agree that the lag is not 12 months. More like 6-9 months. Here was my reasoning. A SaaS company with pricing power will bill on contract signing and in the exception bill on milestone completion (which should never be tied to any date the client has control over!). As another HC member noted this isn't true for LVT, as it was covered by an analyst question on the last 4Q conf. call. LVT usually bills on go live per the CFO. So I was making an inaccurate assumption. The conclusion is that LVT doesn't have as much pricing power as I thought and that is a valuable piece of information.

To the particular example. At Q2 2020 LVT had about 23m of ARR and then acquired 8m of Wizdom shortly after (total 31m). It is not till Q2 2021 that trailing 4Q cash has hit ~32m, i.e. they've only just collected the ARR that was on their books about a year prior.
    I see your reasoning and it makes sense though would add that in Q2 I think there was about $0.4m of CYCL cash received (I think the CFO said that CYCL was a wash in Dec.). Also since the Wizdom acquisition (50:50 ARR:1 Time) you need to factor in a larger amount of 1 time revenue.

* Partners/Client losses - I don't think LVT has lost 50 partners. My wording wasn't very good and I apologize for that. My real interest is in the SME market and I am using the partner #'s as a proxy for # SMB clients. LVT only ever report the # of transacting partners who have sold >1 deal. So the # partners gives me a minimum # of SME clients. It is a poor estimate though all I can find. I agree $10k is a good rough estimate (my model has $9k!).Losing 50 clients (~5% of all clients) in a Q is a big deal! Agreed, with a low sub, financially it is not as big an issue, though it is a red flag for their NPS, support processes and whether it will continue. I suspect what has happened is that on renewals these smaller clients are being asked to migrate to Wizdom from legacy LVT and some are walking. In the SaaS world migrations are very risky for this reason. If you have another explanation then please let me know. If that is the case then I expect this to continue or LVT has acted to stop this happening by offering free migrations. Either way, there is a cost to it. Incidentally losing 50 clients gives a further hint about the # of SME clients. Assuming the losses were all renewal based then it might be safe to assume that LVT has 3-400 SME clients. That is a bit higher than I'd assumed. What is your estimate?

As you know the partner program/SME market is critical to LVT's future so a few points are worth noting (and I agree the # of partners doesn't matter that much, it is how many deals they sell that does)
    - Partner program has been around since day 1 since Rhipe (ASX: RHP) took a 12.5% stake in LVT. LVT CEO is fond of quoting the # of RHP resellers (>1750). Partners have been steadily added organically and via acquisition. So LVT ought to know what the strengths and weaknesses of the program. CEO said it had increased to 200+ on 4C call after CYCL acquisition.
    - # SME clients - if it is in the range of 3-400 then LVT is % under represented in this market. It points to product/market fit issues that I raised in an earlier post, i.e. motivation for CYCL acquisition.
    - Competition - from my research the SME market is where all the competition (pricing and # of competitors) is, at least in the U.S.
    - Partner Training - all seem to point to getting partners up to speed on Wizdom and CYCL because they are products that are bested suited to partners to sell. Why? Because they require less set up and are cheaper. This is going to take time to ramp up and get running.

On the plus side LVT looks to be consolidating its position in the Enterprise market which is great. Sticky, large customers are very valuable!

As an aside, I also noticed some other odd items in the recent 4C that I will post about once I get clarifications from LVT.
    Again, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my posts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.