CAR 1.01% $34.20 car group limited

Fairly pleasing result. The growth in 'adjusted' EBITDA and...

1. 530 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 86
    Fairly pleasing result. The growth in 'adjusted' EBITDA and revenue are probably a bit stronger than expected. My worry is the word 'adjusted' looking at the actual accounts the numbers are not so pretty compared to the pcp. Obviously dealer rebates/assistance need to be accounted for in the 'adjusted' numbers. It just seems to me that the announcement was a little too positive, until that money is in the bank as revenue it may be premature to count all of it. Certainly getting free/reduced price listings will influence dealer behaviour and their use of the platform.

Strong numbers out of South Korea and as that business grows its share of the revenue makes up a greater proportion of the overall CAR business. Latin America is still relatively insignificant in the overall picture.

So I think the adjusted numbers are strong, but the share price is up there already. Curious to see what the market makes of it. Luckily I have held (on and off) for a long time thanks to an II recommendation some years ago - probably wouldn't be buying at current prices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.20
Change
-0.350(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $12.89B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.82 $34.91 $34.20 $91.81M 2.678M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4074 $34.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.21 1 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.