WHC 4.90% $8.03 whitehaven coal limited

@minoilPaul did confirm he was waiting for that announcement on...

1. 7,319 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2201
    @minoil
    Paul did confirm he was waiting for that announcement on the call.

The fact they made the release not 1 hour later for YAL and then for WHC soon after was a little suspect. He was clearly ticked off when asked the question, so I'm pretty sure they already knew during the presentation.

As to why the BB hasn't commenced today, no idea. It could have technically started today.

Unfortunately I think Paul and WHC are giving us the signal that there could be more weakness in the market and therefore share price. Paul's share sale was very well timed! So was GQG's it seems.

However, a buyback from a lower share price back is ultimately better for long term holders. So despite this negativity in the long run it should be a good thing. Their decision not to pay out all that cash in dividends may actually end up being a masterstroke, as they have more insight into the market then we have.

I'm bearish markets overall, so I opened shorts on tech over the last few days. Hold a gun to my head, I think the market is about to roll over pretty hard again. Inflation clearly is still a problem, rates need to go much higher (evidenced from the job openings/number of unemployed). Market has gone way too risk on.

Might be about to get ugly folks.
    Last edited by pastperformer: 17/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.03
Change
0.375(4.90%)
Mkt cap ! $6.705B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.88 $8.04 $7.85 $20.08M 2.523M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 250 $8.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.03 139611 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.56am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.