WEB 0.97% $8.33 webjet limited

Regrettably with five out of our six Premiers - all except...

1. 10,270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1360
    Regrettably with five out of our six Premiers - all except Gladys Berejiklian in NSW - being stupid, your post has not aged well.

With the ill advised, ineffective and snap Greater Brisbane three day lockdown that commenced at 1700 AEST yesterday and (again) was initiated by foolish Queensland Premier Palaszczuk,hitting WEB and a range of other travel stocks, there's no better comment I've come across than in 'The Australian' of 30 March 2021:

'...“Queensland are right up there with Victoria … as handling this crisis so poorly, as opposed to NSW that has done a brilliant job and saved so many businesses and jobs and also government debt via the smarter and less panicky way they did it,” Bell Potter head of institutional sales and trading Richard Coppleson said...'

And this from FLT founder 'Skroo' is also worthy, and factual:

“Locking Brisbane down will have a short-range three-day effect, it will cost $1bn-$2bn, but the impact will last longer, and just as domestic travel was coming back,” Mr Turner told said.

“There is one word that can describe it, it is sheer lunacy.”

He said state governments as well as the New Zealand government had locked down borders six times previously.

“And it has achieved nothing. There is no evidence it has achieved anything,” he said. “I can’t imagine the [Queensland] Premier wanting to do it because of the huge economic impact. We are talking billions of dollars here for a three-day lockdown.

“This is hard to believe.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.33
Change
0.080(0.97%)
Mkt cap ! $3.238B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.38 $8.41 $8.29 $6.451M 770.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 24028 $8.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.34 3315 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$8.38
  Change
0.080 ( 1.89 %)
Open High Low Volume
$8.34 $8.41 $8.30 125734
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
WEB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.