SPZ 3.09% 47.0¢ smart parking limited

I also thought this looked interesting based on it being...

1. 290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 135
    I also thought this looked interesting based on it being cashflow positive, having a supposed growth runway and praise from Merewether but digging into it some more:
    - It relies on a mix of hardware and software; difficult for it to be as scalable / high margin / high growth as a pure software business. SKF and SP3 come to mind as similar in this respect, although SPZ's product is probably more essential to its customers
    - There is no special IP. The business installs cameras, runs number plate recognition software, requests details of rule-breaking drivers and attempts to collect cash from them. Others can do this - in my city there's at least one other operator that appears to do the same thing.
    - Contracts are not lengthy
    - Aside from installing new cameras, there is little to stop carpark owners taking the best alternative competing offer once the contract expires.
    Easy to imagine a scenario where SPZ and competitors have to pay up front or share revenue with the carpark owner.
    - Regulatory changes are an ever-present threat

So overall I had no reason to expect that SPZ's revenues would be as sticky, high margin and inherently fast-growing as a pure software business. Other beaten down tech microcaps are more interesting. Happy to be proven wrong or shouted down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.09%)
Mkt cap ! $164.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 46.5¢ $118.2K 245.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10097 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 776 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.