ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 371 Posts.
    re: Ann: Appendix 4D Half Yearly Report and A... Vince there is some method to the madness in my picking US$50m to US$75m as an appropriate value for GBI upon CE Mark and TGA approval.

All these types of assets have tended to trade at acquisition multiples of 6-8x their 1st full year revenue estimates.

Sonic Healthcare currently do HPV sales of approx US$3m pa in Europe and my guesstimate is that GBI can double this at least via a licensing deal with the right partner and hence generate approx US$9m in revenue from PapType alone in CY2010.

Multiply this revenue by 7x (mid point of the acquisition multiple range) and this yields an approx EV of US$63m.

This assumes that the licensing partner has only a 12-15%% market share of Europe as Sonic themselves have about 6-7% market share.

Japan is thrown in for free and so is the US opportunity. Other value from the Ampasand and QSand platforms and other tests in development is also a freebie.

Should the partner's market share be substantially greater than 12-15% the value to them in acquiring GBI outright is also far greater.

Strategic positioning for entry into the US market in a few years time with an already developed product/platform would also generate further upside.

The other way I look at it is that the 3 CompCo transactions in the HPV space were for US$580m, US$345m and 316m Euro, all in 2008. At an acquisition value of US$50-US$75m an acquirer of GBI would have a fair degree of comfort that they're geting a fairly nice deal as well (ie. they would be paying 15-20% of previous asset sale values).

The kicker for GBI shareholders is also in the current exchange rate (ie. the strength of the Yen and USD).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.