BFC 0.00% 0.3¢ beston global food company limited

Wow - just saw this result. A lot worse than pretty much anyone...

1. 126 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19

Wow - just saw this result. A lot worse than pretty much anyone predicted I expect. As usual though you would think that they have just had a minor hiccup on the road to glory by the way things are described by the Chairman. He sure didn't put any time into explaining how the investment manager - his company - did their due diligence on their initial investments in Ferguson, NBI and Scorpio only to see them turn them into dust; or why him and the rest of the Board should keep their jobs after turning a highly liquid, ungeared company with investor funds of $148m into a debt laden company now with net assets of $80m and a gearing ratio of over 50%. Oh, and all this done while his company takes a management fee of $2.4m in 2019 which equates to an implied portfolio value of $203m!!! Seriously $203m?? - the underlying operations of the business lost $21m in 2019.

This company has no credibility with its forecasts and predictions which it has demonstrated time and time, and I think this from the 2018 Chairman's Report sums it up: "The result is that the Company has turned the corner and is looking at a stronger financial performance in the year ahead. The company has traded profitably in the period from July 2018 to date."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BFC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.