AR9 0.00% 7.5¢ archtis limited

Ann: Appendix 4E & 2023 Annual Report, page-88

1. 1,826 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 234
    It will be interesting to watch deferred revenue on balance sheet as a proportion of revenue, over upcoming announcements.

That may paint a reasonable picture as to future, near-term revenue growth. My understanding is that only license-based income streams are paid upfront, and therefore only they are recorded as deferred revenue.

If my understanding is correct, the $5.2m in deferred revenue (a $2.65m increase on last year's annual report) indicates there's actually a lot more going on than what the business is explicitly saying, and even though it's not necessarily ARR, some of these license-based contracts may continue to roll-over (given low customer churn) and in effect actually become more akin to ARR.

Crucially, if my understanding is correct - that this is purely license-based - then the quality of revenues is materially improving. Total revenue for last FY was $6.4m (from which license revs was $3.2m).

Assuming my understanding is correct, the business will for FY24 receive 81.25% of FY23's total revenue, via license-based revenues only.

How the revenue distribution looks going forward will be important, but this is painting a picture consistent with Daniel Lai's comments in various presentations about the existing service-based contracts likely to cause a significant pull-through, or slingshot of license-based revenue.

The firm has been relatively silent - much to my (and no doubt many shareholders') chagrin - but the numbers are certainly providing support for the verbal context Daniel and Kurt have provided in investor presentations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AR9 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.6¢ 7.8¢ 7.5¢ $16.66K 218.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 104863 7.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.8¢ 5568 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AR9 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.