AUI 3.11% $10.61 australian united investment company limited

My personal opinion is that a bunch of folk piled into LICs...

1. 4,771 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 869
    My personal opinion is that a bunch of folk piled into LICs during COVID, resulting in a few trading at a significant premium to NTA and it's been unwinding ever since to the point that even AFI and ARG have been trading at a significant discount. I think ARG is now approaching 10% discount as well.

Relatively thinly traded AUI pushed 14% discount for a while but the recent 8c Special (with an intention to continue in future years) seems to have closed the gap a bit.

Apart from (relative) scale and associated liquidity I'm not aware of any reason why AUI should trade at a significant discount to the others but when people compare it with ETFs that's one thing they don't have to worry about.

My personal opinion (again) is that size can be a problem. I think AustralianSuper has made some poor decisions since it fancied itself as an international player and I haven't discerned any real benefits from AFI or ARG's scale (I still don't know why they need an MER of around 0.15, seems completely over the top to me).

All my personal opinion only and not advice.
    Last edited by optimistus: Yesterday, 22:27

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.61
Change
-0.340(3.11%)
Mkt cap ! $1.314B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.89 $10.89 $10.50 $130.0K 12.31K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17848 $10.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.66 724 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.51pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AUI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.