SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Yes exactly. Like most holders I am very happy with the...

1. 639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 317
    Yes exactly.

Like most holders I am very happy with the company's progress despite all headwinds but that doesn't mean that it is above reproach To be perfectly honest I would like to have seen:

Better disclosure commentary: no phrases like "explosive growth"; no forecasts based on annualised GPTV; clear, transparent and consistent definitions of all measures like ebitda. Like JLo my initial reaction was that the goal posts had shifted. I am thankful to the poster who found the previously communicated definition. Also to be fair, disclosure is one area the coy has been improving in.

A stronger and more visible management team / board. This is the JK show. Elizabeth is coming through. It's a good start but not enough. Founder led is a strength to a point. Beyond a certain size, there is too much detail / complexity for one person to be across and also make all the key strategic decisions. A strength becomes a vulnerability. What happens to the company if something happens to JK's health? No one is bulletproof. Succession planning is a must. This is a 20 year investment for me. I'd like at some point JK to step back in good health and enjoy his billions. I'll enjoy my millions and the company will continue in perpetuity.

Social media policy needed. No personal Twitter accounts. Professionalism required to entertain certain clientele. It is a red flag to big fs instos / brokers to be in bed with a company who's CEO fires off on Twitter. This isn't Rich Energy. Tighten up.

Better due diligence. Prior Probanx clientele should have been identified prior to acquisition and then off boarded. Risk management asleep at the wheel?

Better regulatory / quasi regulatory relationships in the future. Pick your battles. Concede and be transparent when in the wrong. Strengthen the approval process for all communications. Never criticise the body in public.

My part ownership of this company gives me the right to criticise it. I would like to see a Board asking similar questions. This will make us stronger. Not asking questions makes us weaker.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.